There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Days 84,85 May 11, 12- The Enchanted Woods of Wienerwald

Day 84
So to cope with my depression and boredom I decided to explore the forests and villages outside of Vienna. So I got up got on a bus and went to the Vienna woods. I got to Hinterbruhl and went to the largest underground lake in Europe. It was somewhat disappointing since the tour was only in German, but it was still pretty cool. The first jet aircraft was made in these tunnels during World War II. I then walked around the hills and found some old ruins and watched some rock climbers for a while. It was a good full day of exploring, exactly what I needed after the last week.

Day 85
I went back out to the woods today to explore some more. I got on the wrong bus and it was going the opposite direction of where I needed to go, but I decided to stay on it and see what I could find. After riding it for about an hour and making its complete loop I go off and started walking to the place I had planned on going to, to begin with. After walking for about a half an hour some guy pulled over and offered me a ride. My first successful hitch hike, even though I wasn’t trying. I got to the entrance of the park I wanted to go to and started to do some hiking. I came across three old ruins of either castles or monuments or whatever. It was cool it felt like I was back in Scotland almost. After that I hiked back to town through the hills and went back home for the night. I need to go back out there one more time, there are two castles that I would like to see that I haven’t gotten around to yet. So I will make one more journey out the Wienerwald. Tomorrow I am going with the guys to Prague, it should be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment