There was an error in this gadget

Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 18- Skiing in the Alps March 6

So the Australians, Ben, and I decided to go skiing/snowboarding a couple hours south of Vienna. After getting packed and leaving my flat at 4:30 we get on the train and off we go. My first real European train ride. It was quite amazing watching the sunrise while we were weaving in and out of valleys with beautiful little towns, and mountains at their front door. It still amazes me how people live in places like this. I would just wake up every morning thinking how lucky of a person I was, while they get up and just go on their daily routine like they down live in a garden of eden. Either way it was an amazing view. We got to the end of the train ride and found the bus that would take us to the mountain. Well after a while we found the bus. It was a bit of an adventure in itself. We got to the slopes rented our gear and we were off. after a long ride on the ski lift we were half way up the mountain. Half way up and there was a spectacular view of the village down below and the mountains in the background. I took a few pictures and started to ski. After a few practice runs It was time to head to the top of the mountain, by this time it had started snowing so by the time we got up there the view of the whole area was crap. It kinda sucked, but at least I got some pictures half way up. we skied for a while, stopped and helped a couple of the Australians, who had never boarded before, skied some more, and so on and so forth. It was a great day, with skiing, eating in a restaurant high in the mountains, falling a few times in the terrain park, and having a good time with my great friends. At the end of the day we met up in the cafe at the bottom of the hill,only to realize we were missing two girls. One who had never boarded and the other who was trying to teach her. We called their phones and no one answered. Then a few minutes later we got a call back, telling us that Sam, the one who had never done this before had fallen and broken both of her arms. This was bad news, bad news bears. So we wait for her to get out of the hospital. She gets back with two arms, with fractures just above the wrists, two casts that she has to keep on for 4 weeks. She said it really didn't hurt, I think she was lying. Either way we hopped back on the train went home, took a shower, ate, and went straight to bed. GOOD DAY. VERY GOOD DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment