There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 3- Where are we? Feb. 18

So Addison and I decided to wander today and find our way around town. We woke up, made some breakfast, and started walking. We walked past a couple of high schools getting out. Found a few churches, some old libraries, and my outdoor supple store that I will be frequenting(Northland Professional). We found our way around town a little more, but more importantly= I realized that I am terrible at german. I feel like I know more than I think I do. I can read it, and when I am watching TV I can make out quite a bit, but when I get to conversing with an Austrian, I just freeze. It is terrible. I am really going to work on my German a lot here. I want to be able to be really helpful when my parents and Whitney come over in June. I have to just relax and listen, to what phrases they mostly say and then go from there. Anyway, we went to Aldi's and got some food for dinner and lunch. I got some chips, ham, pork chops, soup, salt and pepper, orange juice, and potatoes. I think it will hold me off for a week or two. We came back, took a shower, and got ready to go out with Mauro, our roommate. So I was ready, but Addison was waiting for his bag to get here. It finally did and we started to leave. When we were leaving we met one of our neighbors, who turns out to be Canadian. She seems really nice, I am glad I am meeting so many people. It's nice. Anyway by the time we rode three different trains we were late to meet Mauro, but the good thing was that where were going to meet him was the downtown part of Vienna, which Addison and I had not been yet. So we strolled around and found some more beautiful buildings. The ritzy stores like Burberry, Gucci, Vera Bradly, Rolex and such. A lot of cool bars and restaurants, and the occasional show club. But really though, it was gorgeous. This is how I pictured Vienna. I can't wait to go back to this part. Anyway tomorrow we are going to go find our school, BOKU, and register for classes. Auf Wierdersehen.

No comments:

Post a Comment